The Lebanese Association for Information Systems (AIS) serves Lebanese society through the advancement of knowledge and the promotion of excellence in the practice and study of information systems, e-business, e-commerce, and e-Marketing.
The AIS serves these Strategic Goals:
- Promote AIS as a global leader for excellence in information systems research, practice, and education.
- Position information systems as a leading profession in the service of society.
- Lead and promote excellence in information systems education.
- Lead and promote excellence in information systems scholarship.
- Cultivate a community by providing services and products to meet the diverse needs of members and related communities.
The LAIS is part of the region 2 of the AIS
Indeed, the AIS has members from over 90 countries, and is comprised of 3 different regions:
Region 1, the Americas;
Region 2, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa;
Region 3, Asia and the Pacific.
The Lebanese chapter is now part of the Region 2 that groups Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.